Dental technology has now become so advanced that we can provide all dental care using dental sedation allowing the most nervous of patients to overcome their fear of the dentist.
Nervous Patients (Dental Sedation)
ARE YOU A NERVOUS PATIENT?
Are you anxious about receiving dental treatments? You are not alone! Anxiety can result in delaying necessary treatments and will often mean that we are stopped from having the smile we have always wanted.
At CCDC, our clinicians and all our staff are trained and experienced to help look after you, understand your concerns, and help you towards that smile you have always wanted.
How We can help
- Professional Training- All staff are trained to understand and help patients who are anxious
- Time- We will take the time to understand your needs and desires
- Sedation- We are one of a few dental practices to offer sedation through prescribed tablets or in-surgery intravenous sedation, for your comfort. Sedation will often mean that your recollection of any treatment is limited
- Environment- We can tailor the environment for your treatment. This will include lighting and music. If there is any type of music that you like to relax with, please let us know!
What will you achieve?
- You will be able to have the treatment that you’ve always needed and wanted.
- We will lift your confidence both in your smile and your trust in dental care.
- We can help you to trust being able to access future dental treatment. Many of our patients will reduce their reliance on sedation with time.
What is IV Sedation?
Conscious sedation is similar to being asleep. It is a form of deep relaxation. In experienced and professional hands it is universally accepted as being safer than having a general anaesthetic. Your dentist may recommend, or you may request, intravenous or ‘IV’ sedation. Sedation is through a drug which we give by injection, usually at the back of your hand. The amount of medicine injected is carefully titrated to ensure the best level of relaxation for you. This will usually occur within minutes of administration.
You will become drowsy and relaxed, but not asleep. It is also likely that you will not remember having the treatment. You are, however, still able to talk and co-operate with your Dentist. We will not let you go until you are able to, however it is important that there is someone with you afterwards as the drowsiness and relaxation can be prolonged.
The fee for IV sedation is £385, which is in addition to your required treatment costs. You will always get a printed estimate before starting any treatment. Sedation can be used with any type of treatment. Often we try and get as much treatment done as possible in one session, so we need less appointments for sedation.
Would you like to find out more? Please mention this to anyone of our team who will be delighted to help you.
”The staff were fantastic with me. I feel wonderful. I have not smiled so much, so thank you to you all.SandraPro Acrobat